There is a plenty of great restaurant themes available on ThemeForest but I made a little bit different one, rather specific one…
“Haggadah” is a cafe / restaurant WordPress theme with some particularities: designed with Middle Eastern touch, has RTL support and blog post publication dates are counted from the year of creation (with possibility to revert dates to Gregorian calendar).
Comes with several page templates, custom post types wrapped in plugins, custom widgets. It is built on plain WordPress functionality, has no page builders, no third party plugins involved. All what you need to know is how to use WordPress interface, nothing more.
Page templates, custom fields and custom widgets are optional–do not need them, do not use them, it will not affect theme look and work.
Full set of features is listed on demo About Theme page, please look them through.
Anyway, here is a list:
- Page templates
- Static background image or slider or both for Home page
- Custom post types for Meal Menu, Services and Press
- “Recommended Meals” block with sticky posts
- Guestbook for quoting press/media and customers’ feedbacks
- Working reservation and contact php forms
- Clean design with Middle Eastern touch
- Custom widgets for Opening Hours, Social Profiles and Image Slider
- Full support for RTL languages
- All options are via inbuilt WordPress Customiser
- Variety of metaboxes to enhance page content
- Modified in-built WP Gallery tool with prettyPhoto lightbox
- Featured images come with caption
- Blog posts with views counter
- Custom gravatar supported
- Translation ready
Tests and credits
- OSs: Windows, Mac
- Browsers: Chrome, Chrome Canary, Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE
- HTML: W3C validator
- WP: Theme Check, Theme Unit
- Accessibility: Juicy Studio
- Speed: Pingdom Tools (status: “Your website is faster than 73% of all tested websites”)
- Fonts: Muli, Josefin Sans, Vintage Decorative Signs
- Hebrew fonts: Eliana, Shofar
- Illustration: Arthur Szyk Haggadah (1934-1936)–not included
- Pattern: lilaafarias
- Photographs: Wikimedia Commons, Flickr (free commercial licence)–not included
- Scripts: prettyPhoto, blueberry
Thank you for viewing!