Roots is the perfect framework to build an hybrid app pretty fast with all the tools that are included.
Roots comes with 4 different apps ready to build
Each layout can be use for a whole new idea, for example the Locations app helps you locate Banks (branches) near your location, but you can change it and make it work with another type of company or add ATM’s.
- Restaurant App – All the templates needed to build a Restaurant app, you can add unlimited pages and it comes with page templates for: galleries, carousels, booking, contact form, settings, sign up, log in, profile, map markers, locations.
- Locations – Lets you locate banks (branches) near your location by using the Geolocation native plugin, it can show the whole list of branches or only the ones near you, it has 2 mode views: List View and Map View. And it can be feed by a JSON, you can use WordPress as a Cloud CMS for this feature.
- Business – Brings all the templates needed for a business app: pages, galleries, carousels and news, the news section can be dynamic populated by an external JSON or you can use WordPress as a Cloud CMS for this feature.
- InstaPhotos – This app comes with all the front-end templates that you need to build a photo social network.
- Onsen UI – Custom Elements-Based HTML5 UI Framework
- Google Map Markers
- Touch Carousel
- Custom Color Schemes
- Dynamic Blurred Backgrounds
- WordPress as a Cloud CMS
- InAppBrowser – lets your users navigate through external websites without leaving your app.
- Native Social Sharing
- Email Composer
- Date/Time Picker
WordPress as a Cloud CMS
You will find in the documentation how to turn your WordPress into a Cloud CMS to serve your Content Models as JSON for your app.
Advanced Custom Fields Pro worth $22 (USD) is included on the download. So you can easily build your own Custom Content Models with WordPress.
You can post your questions in the comment section, I will try to answer them as soon as I can.